SPERE is seeking security professionals to provide armed and unarmed security services in South Florida. SPERE security officers will provide a safe and secure environment and act as a deterrent with the ability to respond and mitigate risks. The security officer’s main responsibilities include access control, foot patrol, traffic control, law enforcement liaison, interaction with staff, residents and visitors. Officers will provide the protection of assets and de-escalate any issues on site. Additionally, the security officer will be part of a team of professionals that ensure security and safety is the number one priority for any clients site. Furthermore, the security officer must have the capability to deal with emergency situations and provide a first-line response, should an emergency occur. Customer service, ethics, and professionalism is required to work for SPERE.
SPERE Security believes that quality services begin’s with leadership. With a top-down approach, our executive staff is security practitioners that deliver years of Marine Corps leadership to the private security sector.
SPERE leadership generates long-term goals for our staff and the short-term steps the organization needs to take to achieve those goals. Our leaders secondary objective is the team and individual welfare.
SPERE has 3 Tiers of Officers
- SPERE Special Response Officer (SRO)
- SPERE Elite Protection Officer
- SPERE Security Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols assigned areas on foot or mobile
- Provides access control on property
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure physical security
- Monitors building for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions
- Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary
- Reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations
- Creates liaison with emergency responders, such as police and fire
- Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas and/or parking garages to provide public security and assistance.
- Maintains security controls for issued keys; safeguards and controls
- Prepares routine, standardized reports
- Provides written reports for incidents and maintenance reports.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience as a Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- A Florida Security D License and G License, or Eligible to obtain licenses
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
- Knowledge of Florida security statutes and regulations.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must pass a Drug test.
- Must Complete an employment assessment test
- Moderate physical activity; requires handling of average-weight objects and standing or walking for extended periods of time.